To adjust the tension, follow these steps:
1. Wind unit by gripping arm firmly and pulling beyond 90⁰ with opposite hand, engage winding pawl into gear.
2. Relax force on arm allowing the pawl to lock in.
3. Pull stop pin out and bring arm back towards door.
4. Release stopping and pull arm out until stop pin drops into gear.
5. Repeat the above steps to increase tension further. After last adjustment, return pawl to the fully disengaged position.
DO NOT position yourself between arm and door. DO NOT wind unit more than 14 notches. Further winding will damage unit, voiding warranty.
After winding to desired tension, place locking pin provided in outer hole of guide assembly and drive into place.
DO NOT remove locking pin after installation. This feature is to reduce possible misuse of this unit.
answered 1 month ago
0out of 0found this answer helpful.