How to calibrate the PDT300:
1. The PDT300 is only calibratable in a slush ice solution (60% crushed ice & 40% tap water) or a water bath. Do not attempt to calibrate in any other manner.
2. Immerse the stem of the thermometer to at least ½ length in the slush solution.
3. Wait for the reading to become stable (usually ± 2° of 32°F or ± 1° of 0°C).
4. Press & hold the D‐H button for 8 seconds to begin calibration.
5. CAL will be displayed for two seconds & calibration at 32°F/0°C is completed.
6. Remove the thermometer from the ice water & continue to take measurements.
Note: CAL will be displayed anytime the D‐H key pressed for 8 seconds, but the thermometer will not be recalibrated unless the tip is inserted in cold water.
You can also find these instruction int he "Learn More" tab: PDT300.pdf
answered 2 years, 11 months ago
3out of 4found this answer helpful.